Welcome to the new GCW!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Link, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Link

Link Administrator Staff Member

So it pretty much goes without saying that this is a big change from the old GCW. Take some time and check out all the new features that the board now offers (there's far too many to list!) In addition to the new site we are also offering TF2 and Killing Floor dedicated servers which you can read about in the category "GCW Gaming". The two Minecraft servers will be reset in the near future to go along with our "new GCW" theme. This is still technically a work in progress so expect changes to take place in the near future, and as always, if you notice a problem with the site or servers or just have a question about how something works on the new site, please post about it in the "Suggestions & Questions" section. Be sure to stick around because this summer we plan to have a number of contests and giveaways so stay tuned for all that!

So who's on staff?
    As of right now it's just p4malara and myself on site staff. We'll slowly add on more staff in the coming days.

BUT WHAT ABOUT OLD GCW?? D:
    Don't worry! While you can no longer post on the site you may always view it at classic.gamechatworld.com We will never forget where we came from and unless some massive unforeseen accident happens, this archive will always be in place.

We would like to thank you all for sticking with GCW for the past 2+ years! We would be nowhere without dedicated users friends like yourselves. We hope you will all enjoy your time at the new GCW! :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. friedonionjuice

friedonionjuice 8-bit Member

um i might have missed it somewhere but the only consern I have is post counts being reset. so things like region still go for those where on the old one past 25 posts? or re we all reset?

3. casey1173

casey1173 Minecraft Staff Staff Member

4. mrgamer_11

mrgamer_11 Veteran Member

Whoa okay this is different XD

5. EasyBake

EasyBake Next Generation

Do we have any details on the server reset, or is that tba?

6. Link

Baring some freak event it should be ready to go by tomorrow night

7. EasyBake

EasyBake Next Generation

sounds great! been waiting for a reset for some time now, actually.

8. Blame

Blame Next Generation

*sings* A WHOLE NEW WORLD!

9. Syreious

Syreious 8-bit Member

We all gotta start all over XD

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Nate

Nate Administrator Staff Member

Haha fuck yeah. Welcome to the future of GCW.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CreeperSniperBob

CreeperSniperBob Next Generation

You want all those posts you had back everyone? You're gonna have to post for ten thousand years >:) TEN THOUSAND YEEEEEEARS CAN GIVE YOU SUCH A CRICK IN THE NECK! Hmmm.... that might not be a bad signature actually.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. casey1173

Darn....XD

13. c_t_f

c_t_f Minecraft Staff Staff Member

[​IMG]

@CTF@

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Bubbad02

Bubbad02 Initiate

Just joined the new server today awesome!

• Post for benefits Post for benefits x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Link

Thanks for joining us Bubba :D Nice to see a new face around here

16. Niick.

Niick. 8-bit Member

Fuck yeah this is awesome! Good job Link and anyone else who worked on this you guys did a great job :D Ive been gone from GCW for a it but I'm back no wand hopefully for good XD I bet you guys didnt even notice me gone ;)

This is the first thing that came into mind when I saw the new layout if teh website... image.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. casey1173

Of course we noticed you gone XD And yes, isn't the new site so nice?

18. Niick.

Niick. 8-bit Member

I thought you guys would of organised a party because of my disappearance ;) I know right its awesome! I love the ability that you can like peoples post and say wether they are friendly or it contains good information :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. casey1173

Everything is an upgrade. I think everyone should give a big thank-you to Link! He did a lot for this!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. friedonionjuice

friedonionjuice 8-bit Member

I did think this aswell but i think we all just need to FIRMLY GRASP IT!!!! [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1