Update on the server

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Link, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Link

Link Administrator Staff Member

Alright, so here's the lowdown on what's going on here. As you all know (or at least should know), the Bukkit project has been defunct for some time now, so I've decided to switch us over to Sponge. While I firmly believe that this is the best course of action for us in the long run, it does mean there will be a lot of features that are missing or work differently than you remember. This is due to Sponge being a much more new project than Bukkit. I don't want to keep the server down any longer, so I'm going to open it up after this post is made. As of this moment, there are only two ranks. The default user rank, and my rank (owner). Obviously I'll have to add in our VIP and staff ranks when I have more time to work on the server. These, and many many other changes will come in gradually over the next few weeks. If you would like to make any requests on what I should add next, please feel free to speak your mind. I tend to work a lot more efficiently when someone gives me a little direction :)

As always, questions, comments, and even snide remarks are always welcome with me, so please feel free to ask away if you have any burning questions!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Link

I see we're having an issue with crashing. I'm scoping out the problem now

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Link

Looks like the crashing issue has been solved. Please report any other issues here :3

4. Mad_Cry

Mad_Cry 8-bit Member

The only issue I'm having is if you stay still for 30-40 seconds, it marks you as afk and It spams the chat. I stand still alot...
    XD

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jonathan Jones

Jonathan Jones 8-bit Member

yes and also make sure you get those ranks up because order needs to be restored on the server and so, i would want to sign up for admin (when you fix the ranks) i will fill out any form you want me to

6. casey1173

casey1173 Minecraft Staff Staff Member

Hi Jonathan! I'd just like to tell you (and anyone else who's eyeing up a staff position) that staff selection here at GCW works a little differently than usual. Our GameMaster, Hannah, chooses all staff members. There are no forms or any formal requirements to become a member of our team unless Hannah decides to make it that way. Currently, this means that if you would like to become staff, act accordingly by helping members, being friendly, and generally being a positive representative of GCW. Then, if Hannah decides to make additions to the staff, she will investigate any potential candidates she's heard about, and she may choose you. If you'd like to make your interest in becoming staff known to Hannah, then feel free, but my advice is to refrain from constantly asking her about it. She'll make her own decisions in her own time.
    On another note, it's rare for a member to become an admin instantaneously; usually you will become a moderator before becoming an admin.
    If you'd like more details, feel free to ask Hannah herself. As the GameMaster, she would know more herself.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jonathan Jones

Yeah, whatever works because i got all my stuff taken and ive also been griefed. also it makes sense that i would not just be admin i didnt know your ranks (Considering at the moment there is none)

8. casey1173

Okay. Just letting you know that becoming staff is usually a long process.

9. Jonathan Jones

Link, if i might suggest... you dont have to use bukkit or sponge, use spigot because it is developed more and i noticed since you started using sponge ive been glitching alot and keep disconnecting... sponge was made for servers with mods (Ya know like tekkit) but ive used spigot and its always been good for me. i remember the good ole bukkit days here read this for more info, and maybe choose a side that your on yourself http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/skript/polls/sponge-or-spigot-if-you-had-to-choose-one/

10. Mad_Cry

Mad_Cry 8-bit Member

Currently the server was having issues with crashing and Akira is working on the problem. For anyone wanting to know :D. Thanks for the patience.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Link

Yup, like Mad said I am aware of the problem and am working on a solution. Unfortunately for now I'm at my job 6 days a week from open to close, which doesn't give me a lot of time (or energy) to work on it as hard as I would like. Rest assured though that I am aware of the issues and am working on them :3

• Like Like x 2
  12. Link

Alright the server is up and running again! You should notice a lot of similarities to past servers we've had. As always, please don't hesitate to post if there are any issues. Have fun! :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. Link

Fixed /vote command. You can vote for day, night, sun or rain

14. Silverdust1

Silverdust1 Next Generation

Haven't been on the server nor Minecraft for a long time ... Is the server ready for 1.9 and what type of mods are installed?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Link

Yup the server is updated to 1.9!
    Here's a list of the mods players will have access to:
    • Auctions
    • ChestShop
    • CoreProtect (staff only)
    • Essentials
    • MobMoney (Currently not working right ...)
    • Vote
    If anyone has any other suggestions for plugins I'm always taking requests! Remember that this isn't a complete plugin list, just the ones non-staff members can interact with (excluding CoreProtect of course, but I included it so everyone would know it's there).

And Silver, you should come around more! Don't be a stranger! :3

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Link

Hey everyone, just a quick update here. Since I haven't been able to figure out why our money dropping system isn't working yet, I've lowered the fee to start auctions from an impossible $25 to a more reasonable $1. This should allow everyone to participate in auctions until I resolve the issues with our plugin.

On a side note, I'll be leaving town tomorrow for a long weekend, but I'll check in on the site at least twice a day. If there are any pressing issues, such as the server going down, just shoot me a PM and I'll be able to solve simple problems like that remotely :3

• Like Like x 2
  17. Silverdust1

Silverdust1 Next Generation

Howdy, I went on the server earlier and probably played for an hour, didn't experience any issues apart from my rank. It says I'm an admin and I think it should be changed :P

Also about the money, not sure what the problem is, but I killed a few hostile monsters and I believe my balance went up (I saw a gold ingot dropped after killing them - Only problem was collecting it with a full inventory).

Have a good weekend :P

Edit: My cash is still at $5 -- Never mind :P

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Dragonbrether100

Dragonbrether100 Next Generation

Hullo everyone.

I'd just like to point out (and I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing this) that when teleporting to a place with chests or furnaces, they literally turn into stone until you run up near them. Also, the ore glitches are back (When you find a bunch of ores right next to each other, but when you break it, it turns back to stone). Nothing THAT major, but anywho,

Happy Fourth of July!

19. casey1173

Both of these bugs have to do with the anti-xray plugin that we have. If I remember correctly, last time the solution was to deal with it (feel free to correct me), since it was either we have some annoying bugs or numerous cheating players. Hope this helps.