Seed change on the server?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Whoa_Its_Hannah, Jan 2, 2016.

?

Do you want a seed change on the Minecraft server?

1. Yes, I want a new seed

13 vote(s)
    86.7%
  2. No, I do not want a new seed

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Whoa_Its_Hannah

Whoa_Its_Hannah Dungeon Master Staff Member

So we have had this map for quite some time now, and Casey and I were discussing if maybe we could start from a clean slate once again. Anyone agree? or nah

2. yazer321

yazer321 8-bit Member

I like this seed and we have made some very cool stuff

3. casey1173

casey1173 Minecraft Staff Staff Member

If anyone isn't sure what a seed reset is, it's basically a hard reset of the server—everything goes: the landscape changes, inventories are wiped, everything is brand new. It's a fresh start.

One of the pros of doing this is that the spawn area would look much better. Instead of copy/pasting the spawn into a previous world, I could just get a new seed and mold the landscape to fit the spawn. This would make spawn much prettier and generally be much easier on me.

4. Whoa_Its_Hannah

Whoa_Its_Hannah Dungeon Master Staff Member

Starting over is fun though... You can use even cooler ideas and find new terrains and whatnot, it's fun.

Another thing, this map is kind of messed up, I don't know if anyone else has noticed but there are unnatural flat walls everywhere due to a copy paste error when putting in the new tree spawn. So a new map would be beneficial in that sense as well

5. casey1173

casey1173 Minecraft Staff Staff Member

Yeah! I remember my first seed reset was much more fun than I thought it would be. I didn't want to lose anything, but in reality, resetting was better than staying.

6. c_t_f

c_t_f Minecraft Staff Staff Member

It's great what everyone has done on the current seed so far, but I believe it's about time for a reset.

@CTF@

7. RecklessCM

RecklessCM 8-bit Member

I do agree. I cant say i have been too active but alot has been done from what ive seen and it seems its time for a fresh start.

8. Silverdust1

Silverdust1 Next Generation

Why not wait for the newer version of MC to come out before updating? :)

9. Dragonbrether100

Dragonbrether100 Next Generation

Although I have builds that I am proud of, I agree on getting a new seed.
    That one tower I'm never gonna finish is starting to bother me...........

10. Modernwarguy111

Modernwarguy111 Next Generation

Yeah I'm down with changing the seed its just that like silver said 1.9 is coming out pretty soon

11. fancyfacehat1

fancyfacehat1 8-bit Member

I think we should have a new seed. I realize that after you've built all you want to build (houses, more houses, towns, etc) and gather too many diamonds then you know what to do with, MC can start to get boring, and this can cause people (at least from my personal experience) to leave. Everything is done, and there's nothing left to accomplish. After a new seed change, a challenge for resources would be posed on everyone again, and maybe it will bring some people that don't come on a much back.

12. gamingcreep3r

gamingcreep3r 8-bit Member

I think it'd be great to start a new seed! can't wait to not complete anything again.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Blame

Blame Next Generation

Wheres the "Umm Idk do what you want" option in the survey

14. Rosstintatious

Rosstintatious Veteran Member

IF you bros do a seed reset, got room for an old GCW veteran :O?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Jonathan Jones

Jonathan Jones 8-bit Member

i think a seed change will be great, although remember to put this seed in the download post, i have some buildings i want to save... Continuing with the new seed, we need it because this map does have some age and is kinda messy, like someone above said, everything is done so there is nothing to do

^^
    Whoa, where has he been

16. Link

Link Administrator Staff Member

The seed change will happen. Could be tomorrow even :3 No promises though haha

• Like Like x 2
  17. Link

Link Administrator Staff Member

Don't be alarmed if the server goes down for a long time today. Just tinkering around under the hood ;)

EDIT: Don't freak out about the whitelist either :P

EDIT 2: This is taking a bit longer than expected. Please bear with me

EDIT 3: Sorry again everyone. With work and whatnot it limits the time I have to finish up what I was doing here :/ I promise I haven't forgotten though!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Rosstintatious

Rosstintatious Veteran Member

19. Nate

Nate Administrator Staff Member

Idk I cant check...Mojang is determined to piss me off. Still two weeks later and no access to my account and they will not send me any emails....

20. Jonathan Jones

Jonathan Jones 8-bit Member

So i see you reset, did you remember the backup (Like the old worlds available for download) also... it looks like you guys need a spawn, can i help build it?