Plugin suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Questions' started by GravY, Jul 6, 2014.

1. GravY

GravY Initiate

These aren't large game-modifying plugins, but rather security, performance, and bug fixes.

NoCheat Plus:

"NoCheatPlus attempts to prevent cheat clients from exploiting weaknesses of Minecraft or its protocol, making your server more safe. Checks cover a wide range of issues including flying and speeding, fighting hacks, fast block breaking and nukers, inventory hacks, chat spam and other types of malicious behaviour.

NoCheatPlus puts emphasis on configurability and allows you to customize actions that are carried out when a player fails a check (e.g. silent cancelling, executing commands, just logging). Bypass permissions allow to control what check to apply for which players, all checks can be deactivated in the configuration, also having the option for world-specific configuration files. Many checks allow more detailed configuration to adjust sensitivity.

Certainly NoCheatPlus is not a magical bullet, it uses a lot of heuristics and even guessing, so you will encounter false positives here and there and also not catch every single violation."

You can find the plugin: here.

NoLagg:
    When using this valuable plugin on my own server, I noticed significant decrease of RAM usage and better performance overall.
    "
    NoLagg is made out of multiple completely separate components which you can enable and disable freely. Together they offer:
    • Send chunks more gracefully with lowered network stress and reduced processing spikes
    • Remove entities, resend chunks in case of chunk holes and clean up server memory
    • Examine server tick rate performance with deep view into per-tick processes of the server
    • Stop a large amount of items from spawning and spawn at a later time to avoid frozen clients
    • Stack items with a configurable per-world radius
    • Fix lighting errors that cause clients to recalculate lighting (and thus lag)
    • Keep track of server performance such as entities, tick rate, memory and more
    • Fix various bugs the server has (Patches component)
    • Schedule autosaves and force data to be written to disk to prevent data loss on server crash (Saving component)
    • Limit the amount of entities allowed to spawn per world or globally
    • Watch events closely to warn when plugins execute main-thread methods from another thread
    • Show a detailed message explaining the cause for a server freeze (lock)
    • New TNT execution algortithm that is not only more efficient, but also avoids server freezes"

BKCOMMON Lib:
    This plugin is a required dependency for NoLagg.
    "This utility library shares all the common code needs for various plugins, and having them in one library heavily reduces the amount of duplicated code. The featured utilities are varied, and whenever something is missing in Bukkit, it is added in BKCommonLib. This is one of the reasons why it has become this large: there are simply a lot of things Bukkit doesn't (want to) offer.

BKCommonLib has versioning on a per-plugin basis, so when a certain plugin needs version 2, and version 1 is installed, the server owner is automatically notified and the plugin is not enabled. This prevents the common mishaps with outdated BKCommonLib versions.

Other than utilities and services, this library offers a wide variety of reflection and user-friendly ways of accessing net.minecraft.server. If your plugin requires the use of the internals, but do not want to risk changing field and method names, you can depend on BKCommonLib to provide them for you. This allows you to remain compatible between CraftBukkit versions automatically, and reduces silent failure hazards."

2. Link

Link Administrator Staff Member

We already have the first two you mentioned (well we use ClearLagg instead), as for the last one, I don't think it applies to us.

3. zeckll

zeckll Initiate

thanks anyway though ill think about those on my server ;) yeah i know i never post or reply anymore so here ya go xD