New Spawn

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by casey1173, Dec 30, 2015.

1. casey1173

casey1173 Minecraft Staff Staff Member

Hi everyone! This post is a bit late, but we have a new spawn! Yay! It's unfinished though, so don't take it for granite.

Anyways, this spawn is themed after a giant tree in a giant valley. I hope you like it! Here are a few key pictures, and there's an album of progression pics at the end if you'd like to see that as well.

As you can tell, the spawn is currently unfinished. I'll be doing the rest in a single player world and importing that into the server later. I just wanted to get an early version in so I can get some feedback. I'll be updating this thread and the progress album as progress is made.

If you have any feedback (besides anything super obvious, like the unfinished branches, lack of leaves, and mysterious disappearance of trees), please message me or just post it in this thread. Thank you!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Progress Album

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. c_t_f

c_t_f Minecraft Staff Staff Member

I had a chance to fly around it on the server, it looks great so far! I'm looking forward to seeing it after the leaves have been put in!

@CTF@

3. casey1173

Good! I'm glad you like it. Bad news though: so far, it's looking like I'm not going to add leaves. It's tricky to do and I don't believe it would look too good for multiple reasons.

However, I do have a couple updates! Yay!

I built supports for the bridge and added hanging lights within the tree. I also did another render right after building the bridge.

[​IMG]

Ignore the weird pillar things on the mountains. They'll be removed. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The lights look better in game, but I still think they look pretty nice either way.
    Remember, the spawn won't be updated until it's completely finished. These updates are coming from a single-player world.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RecklessCM

RecklessCM 8-bit Member

I really like the design, Casey! I think its a great design to welcome our new members and old ones. In my honest opinion some more detailing would make it look even better. But youre the artist and i have no other complaints. Thumbs up from me :D

5. casey1173

Thank you! Could you be more specific by what you mean by "detailing"? That's pretty vague...do you have any specific suggestions?

6. RecklessCM

RecklessCM 8-bit Member

WHile i understand you have your reaons i think itd be really neat to do SOMETHING with the branches. Maybe something could be hung from them and people could teleport there? Just for a neat little view? Like big glowing orbs to make it all look a bit more.. magical. If you catch my drift. Again im not too specific just a little more umph to the design.

7. casey1173

Yeah, I'm definitely going to be hanging lights from the branches (I already did some inside the tree, if you check out my previous post). I think the idea for the branches is that they will work as server places, so for example, there will probably be a warp room and some staff lounges up there (and anything else I can think of). I'll just play it by year probably—if it looks bad, then I'll change it. I was going to add leaves to the tree, and I might still give it a go, but I think doing so would make the tree look weirder instead of cooler due to the way the tree is laid out. But yeah, thank you for your ideas!! I really appreciate feedback.

8. Rosstintatious

Rosstintatious Veteran Member

The spawn is awesome, the one thing tho I didn't like is if you are a new player, you go to the spawn (which is awesome) but the wilderness warp takes you high up in a tree which i've seen a good bit of people including myself getting hurt trying to climb down XD