IRC Channel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by casey1173, Jul 30, 2015.

1. casey1173

casey1173 Minecraft Staff Staff Member

C_t_f and I recently rediscovered the IRC channel, and we want to revive it! It'd be less intensive than the Skype group (which is great for people with less powerful computers) and also does not require a Skype account. I (and I believe c_t_f as well) plan to keep it running pretty often in the background, so if you want to the same, feel free, or you can just pop in and chat whenever you want.
    To join the IRC chat group, go here, make yourself a nickname, and click the 'Go' button.
    I'd also like to petition to have the IRC button added back to the front page if possible.

• Like Like x 1
  2. c_t_f

c_t_f Minecraft Staff Staff Member

Alternatively, you use Pidgin (which is what I do), and create an IRC profile like this:
    [​IMG]
    And when your "Buddy List" window pops up, just go to "Buddies">"Join a chat..." and enter the channel name as "#gamechatworld". Either way you're in the same chatroom, but for me it's worth it because it doesn't use up as many resources as an in-browser IRC chatroom or Skype! :-D

@CTF@

3. Nate

Nate Administrator Staff Member

I'll be lurking in here again too. Yall come on by and say hi. Play some trivia if you want. I dont care.

4. c_t_f

c_t_f Minecraft Staff Staff Member

Did some trivia with casey and Nate. Turns out Casey knows an awful lot of random trivia. (and types faster...)

@CTF@

5. casey1173

casey1173 Minecraft Staff Staff Member

I know an awful lot of random science trivia XD I know absolutely nothing else besides the science facts, so you guys can still get me there for sure.

6. Nate

Join us yall

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Nate

I'm noticing that no one else has join the irc...cmon people don't be afraid. We don't bite too hard.