Fuuutuuure

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Gorep1xel, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Gorep1xel

Gorep1xel Initiate

Hi I made this thread to see what you guys would consider to be in a-not-so-far-away 2020. For example, by 2020 I expect smartphones to be the only device a general consumer needs for any normal task, also that home automation starts becoming reality, and 50+ mpg automated cars become viable.

[​IMG]

2. c_t_f

c_t_f Minecraft Staff Staff Member

I think that by the year 2020 we will have moved beyond smart phones. Something that does more than we can currently comprehend (I.E. holograms or some crazy crap like that) and requires you to be connected to the internet for it to work (for the most part).

@CTF@

3. Link

Link Administrator Staff Member

Funny you mention phones, because a recent trend that's been going on is people are ditching their smart phones for the old dumb phones. Looks like we're heading in the wrong direction XD

4. c_t_f

Maybe people will start using PDAs again... :-O Now THAT would be something!

@CTF@

5. GravY

GravY Initiate

Flexible and bendable phones are a large possibility, as there are already curved LCD TVs out. A heartbeat sleeve is being developed so a heart can continue beating, useful for heart attacks and other fatalities. As mentioned, home automation is extremely likely to develop. Let's not forget about the people who are set to colonize Mars.

6. Modernwarguy111

Modernwarguy111 Next Generation

all schools will now use computers instead of paper by 2020. thats what i believe will be in store for the future!

7. Rosstintatious

Rosstintatious Veteran Member

There's already some schools using only computers and no printer aka my tech courses o.o

8. c_t_f

I've been thinking recently, with 3D printers becoming increasingly popular, that more people will have access to them (or something similar).
    I'd love to get my own 3D printer when that happens! :D

@CTF@

9. jack

jack Initiate

i think in 2020 we will have more stuff like the Google glass and cars like the BMW i8 with lazerlights and 156mpg but if u think about it some stuff from today will still be the same like the houses we build or the classic car in the garage waiting to be fixed up or how we have entertainment so lots of stuff will change but we will still have part of the early 2000's still left in the world

10. gamingcreep3r

gamingcreep3r 8-bit Member

Everything would probably be smaller and more compact. You current consoles might even become an app that's built into the t.v. you buy or something like netflix. Maybe there will be vrmmorpgs like the ones in SAO.( I would want one for sure xD)

11. xLon3_Wolfx

xLon3_Wolfx 8-bit Member

honestly i dont think there's gonna be a huge jump from now (everyday tech.) to 2020 everyday tech. most likely stuff like automation and gaming well get improved. also in reply to the post above (gamingcreep3r) hopefully oculus rift will make SAO sorta true :P