First game you ever played?

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming' started by Crowscarer, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Crowscarer

Crowscarer Initiate

a link to the past on snes i think, either that or mighty morphin power rangers on the same console

2. Zreen

Zreen 8-bit Member

I'm fairly certain it was either Revenge of Shinobi or Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega Genesis.

3. c_t_f

c_t_f Minecraft Staff Staff Member

For me, Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega Genesis.

@CTF@

4. Crowscarer

Crowscarer Initiate

sounds like all of you were sega guys, i always prefered nintendo for its rpgs like final fantasy

5. Zreen

Zreen 8-bit Member

Well it wasn't a preference thing, we just had a Sega. If we had a Nintendo first then that's probably what I would have played.

6. c_t_f

c_t_f Minecraft Staff Staff Member

Same here, but my family never actually owned a 'Genesis back then, we were always borrowing them from neighbors. We'd buy our own games (Multiple Sonic games, ClayFighter, Stimpy's Invention, etc.) and occasionally bring a borrowed console over to our house for the night in a paper bag to play 'em. The first console I ever actually owned was a Gameboy Advance.

@CTF@

7. Jonathan Jones

Jonathan Jones 8-bit Member

GTA: Vice City on xbox original

8. friedonionjuice

friedonionjuice 8-bit Member

Probs reader rabbit or some shit. If you consider that a game. Bebop was one of my first along with pac man and some other game I loved can't remember. Also ferazels wand and captain bumper was also on the list. #earlypcgamer

9. squishygamer

squishygamer Initiate

Grand theft auto Vice City PlaySation 2 and final fantasy playstation 2

EDIT: I played these games when I was like 7 or 6 years old.

10. Modernwarguy111

Modernwarguy111 Next Generation

might have been gta vice city or starwars battlefront 2... loved both of those games :D

11. papa-bear

papa-bear 8-bit Member

It was for sure, Glover on the N64. That was the best game ever

12. fancyfacehat1

fancyfacehat1 8-bit Member

I mean if we're getting technical here, my first game was some shitty Veggie Tales computer game, but my earliiest memories of video games come from Sonic and Lego Starwars games on the PS2 with my bro.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  13. gamingcreep3r

gamingcreep3r 8-bit Member

For me it's metal slug on ps2. I played most of the cap com games XD

14. Blame

Blame Next Generation

I had a pretty awesome child hood during my younger years. I had a Nintendo 64 and a Sega genisus, Im pretty sure the first game I ever played would be Gun star heros for the Genisus